The information that we hold about our members on this site is minimal and is protected from non-members and will never be shared with non-members of the club. We also use Google Analytics to keep statistics about the website usage but this information is anonymised and is only used to improve the website experience. Google Analytics will download a cookie to your computer or mobile device.
About this policy
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it and how we keep it secure, and members’ rights in relation to it.
- We will comply with relevant data privacy legislation when dealing with members’ personal data. For the purposes of data privacy legislation, we are the “controller” of all personal data we hold about members.
- Any queries about this policy should be addressed in the first instance to the Club Secretary
What information we hold and why
- Name, address, telephone numbers, email address – to manage club membership and, where applicable, participation in internal and external events, leagues and competitions. This means, for instance, that members’ contact details may be shared with other people entering the same competition so that they can arrange matches or arrange to share transport.
- EPA licence number (where applicable) – to manage entries to competitions for which only EPA members are eligible
- Team names – to manage entries to Bath and Brunel Leagues, and other leagues which may be deemed appropriate
- Photos of members participating in club events and competitions – to put on the club’s website and hence to promote the sport of boules
- Record of financial transactions – to manage membership, competition entries and arrange the annual club dinner
How we process members’ personal data
- We will never pass on your personal data without your consent.
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration or destruction. Please note however that when you transmit information to us over the public internet, this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
How long we keep your personal information
- We will keep members’ personal information for the duration of their membership. We will review personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to use it.
- If we decide that we are not entitled to use it, we will delete it unless required to hold it in order to meet legal obligations.
- To be told what personal data we hold about you (on request to the Club Secretary).
- To be provided with information about how personal data is used (as set out in this Policy).
- To have your personal data corrected or amended (it is your responsibility to notify the Club Secretary of changes to your personal data such as new telephone number or different email address).
- To have personal data deleted when you are no longer a member (but see previous section)
- To object to or restrict how your personal data is used.